Well, I thought I would try joining in with The Counterfeit kit challenge and make my own kit, turned out it was far more time consuming than I thought! But it was a lot of fun, and I think as I get better at it, it will go quicker.
Here is the original kit that we are counterfeiting.
And here is what I came up with. It was interesting how what I had imagined in my mind, is not what actually happened, but that’s ok 🙂
And I had some scraps already for some of these, so I’m going to throw them in too.
Then some alphas, a couple of 6×6 sheets, and some stamps. I know I don’t have enough alphas, but I found this part just too hard when I had no idea about what photos I would be using etc. I picked a couple I wanted to be sure to try to use, and I will have to take out more as needed.
Then I added some embellies, as you can see most of these have never been opened. Time to use them!
I store my embellishments generally by colour and since I am trying to use up my stash, I went to each colour box and pulled a few things out, just to try to use them up.
Then just a few extras, washi tape, mists, few chipboard pieces, some sequins, I won’t use all the colours, just didn’t want to take those little sequins out!
So here is a picture of my (almost) final kit. I know its a large one, but my thinking is that I am going to work out of this kit until its done. I tried to imagine going away for a weekend and packing stuff to basically do a few pages, minus tools, inks and a few more letter stickers. I am curious to see how close I come to having the right amount of stuff, and how much more I need to add. But really, as long as I’m using stuff up and getting some pages done, I don’t mind at all!!